Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop/ Bird is the Word-Wish


Welcome to this stop of the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog's October blog hop. This month our blog hop challenge was to alter stickers and use them in a different way. Here is my layout. This picture is just a silly shot of my 20 year old daughter sitting in my grandson's stroller. She asked me to push her around when we were out. I love that she is not embarrassed to act silly. I only pushed her across the parking lot, but it was a fun minute. 

I didn't have stickers in my kit this month so I added the puffy heart stickers and the cardstock hearts and circles. I used the cardstock circles and backed them with patterned paper. I then tore around the circles and layered the circles to make a basic flower. I punched holes into the puffy heart and used it as a button for the center of the flower. 
I use more of the hearts in the same way. I punched them and used them on buttons and threaded them with twine. I then layered them as a border under the photo. The side border is a BG paper ribbon. I just added a little bling to the centers of some of the flowers. 

I also made this layout for the Bird is the Word Challenge blog. Their challenge word is WISH. They also offer a sketch which I did use as my main inspiration. Here is the sketch link.



If you haven't joined the Counterfeit Kit Challenge you should. Our new inspiration kit will be up on November 5th. It is a great way to use up some of your supplies while making them feel new again.

Your next stop on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge October Blog Hop is Jessica. I am sure she will have something inspiring to show you today. Thank you for hopping by my blog. Feel free to follow along if you would like to.

Comments

Jimjams said…
That's a lovely page Jen and a neat idea to use puffy stickers in a different way. TFS
Anonymous said…
I love your stacked flower and making the puffy stickers into buttons is inspired - I'd never have thought of that!
Emily said…
Puffy sticker buttons! That is very clever! Great page!
Margie said…
What an awesome idea for using your stickers!! I love the handmade flower, too!
MiliPea Designs said…
What a fantastic idea to use the puffy stickers as buttons! I also love what you did with the BG paper ribbon.
Unknown said…
I am starting to accidentally amass a collection of those circle stickers. THANK YOU for giving me an idea of how to use them up!
What a great idea - the stack of circles looks so nice on the page!
In case anyone sees this, I don't believe Jessica has a post, so the next stop in the hop is actually Julie Ann at http://julieannshahin2.blogspot.com/. Happy hopping!
Anna Zaprzelska said…
This is very beautiful!! Love all the cute work!
Thanks for playing along at BITW!!!!
Lizzyc said…
HI.. a lovely layout, great take on the challenge! i love your flower!!
scrappymo! said…
Love the imaginative uses of the puffy heart stickers!
Ali said…
Gorgeous flower and love those buttons - tfs.
Genius! I love that you turned your stickers into buttons and made the flower too!!!! Love it all!!! Awesome page, the sketch really works for your page! xoxo
I love the clever way you used your stickers! The border made with the puffy stickers is especially cool!
Lisa said…
so great! I didn't even realise at first which stickers you had used. the idea of making the puffy ones into buttons is genius and works so well! the border is especially lovely. and you know that I would love that layered flower - gorgeous. what a great layout!
Susanne said…
Oh, I "heart" what you did here - your page is so pretty.
Lisa Amiet said…
This is very pretty Jen! Love the colours you have used! Thanks for playing at BITW!!
Cathy said…
Such a sweet LO Jen.. LOVE how you used all those yummy borders!! Thanks so much for playing along at BITW :))
Chloe said…
So so cute! Love the alpha border! Thanks for playing along at BITW :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Counterfeit Kit May Blog Hop

CKC National Scrapbook Day Blog Hop