June Counterfeit Kit

I was so excited to see the inspiration kit for June at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog. Burlap and Butterflies put together the great kit in this picture.
I really liked all of the pink, orange, blue and green in the original kit so I tried to stick with that. As my main paper and color reference I chose an old sheet of BG that I have had for years. I love the elephants and the colors were just right. I ended up with fifteen patterned papers.
My embellishments... What can I say, I went overboard. I couldn't help it. I have all of these great Sassafras goodies from my mystery box so I needed to add some to my kit. I have a few things in here from last month, and a few things that I have had for a long time. I have some buttons, ribbon, and bling mixed in with some tab stickers, chipboard, and journal spots.

I made the summer add on and I managed to only use four papers! And only a few little embellishments. See, I have a little self control...
But then it ended. I tried to pick a few alphabets but I couldn't. I decided that for this month I am happy that I picked papers and embellishments. I am going to try using my kit and adding cardstock and alphabets as needed. I have so many that I am trying to use up and I don't want to be limited with them. Since I don't know what pictures I am going to work on I think this will work the best for me. I counted the packs of thickers on my shelf today and there were 105! That is crazy. I know there are more around the room and in kits, so I need to use them. I want to have a stash, but I want it to be more reasonable. Much more reasonable. So for the rest of the month this is my stash. It doesn't look like too much when it is all in one pile. Thanks for looking and I hope you all get some scrapping time soon.

Comments

Crystal said…
WOW! WOW! WOW! I like it! Who says you need self control when it is FREE and from your stash!?! 105 thickers? WOW! Yeah I would be a bit overwhelmed with that so I hope you get to using them!
Katie said…
Wow. You certainly do have a lot of embellishments. I tend to make most of mine with my cricut.
105 THICKERS?!?! Holy guacamole!! Use 'em up!
MiliPea Designs said…
Now self control can be overrated - if we had any we wouldn't have anything to make any of these lovely kits with each month! And your kit is great! And I say the more embellishments the better!
Wow! I think you should have any embellishments you might need! I'm jealous you got one of those Sassafras Lass boxes. What a great way to use your new goodies!
Linda said…
Wow, that is one packed kit! I have and love that elephant paper too.
I am drooling over your embellies!
Tricia said…
LOL! That elephant paper is so cute. I love your kit. You have enough embellies to open a store - can't wait to see your layouts this month!
KB said…
Wow, great kit! I spy me some Sassafras!
Laurie Marmon said…
I, too, am a Thicker lover. I have way too many in my stash too. More may be used this month but I limited myself to just a set of green ones like the inspiration kit. Good luck with all those embellishments and letters...I hope you are inspired to make a dent this month in your stash!
Susanne said…
Yes, that's quite the little embellishment store you've got going on. Enjoy it!!
beccaf1970 said…
Well done! You'll be able to get a lot of pages done with this kit!
I love that elephant paper too! I remember using it for a baby album I made for a friend.
I have to say one thing. Can I come play at YOUR house? :) :) :) xoxo
Jen Cro said…
:) I will say I have for the most part stopped shopping. I have so much stuff that it is overwhelming. If I see something I love I will still buy it (like my Sassafras box) but I am trying hard to get control and use what I have.
Anyone is welcome to come scrap with me. When you come to south Jersey stop by. LOL. The more the merrier, just bring pictures. I think I have the rest covered.
Tara O said…
LOL @ 105 Thickers! I refuse to count mine although I don't think I have quite that many, but I have plenty of OTHER alphabets so if I included them all, I'd likely out do you. ;) ABC's are a weakness of mine.

Anyway...GREAT kit! Have fun creating this month.
Miss Misi said…
Drooling over all the embellishments!
Lisa said…
Great kit can't wait to see what you create!
Jennifer Shaw said…
Wow!! So much good stuff here!!! I love embellishments and yours look terrific!!! Have fun!
Kim Strother said…
I also pull lots of embellishments every month. I agree with crystal, who says you can't have it all when its free and from your own stash! Have fun creating!
Angela said…
Holy kit, batman! That's amazing! Oh, and I totally have that BG elephant paper, too -- and I still love it!!

Popular posts from this blog

Counterfeit Kit May Blog Hop

Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop/ Bird is the Word-Wish

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop-April